Part-Time General Manager
Aron Theatre Co-op is looking to hire a part-time general manager.
- Experience with Movie Theatre Management, running a small business and/or experience within the Co-op sector in Canada, with 5 years or more experience. Preferred candidates will have successfully completed a business management degree or certificate.
- Excellent leadership skills and human resources management, with the ability to work collaboratively with a Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Sound fiscal management skills, experience operating with a triple bottom line: ensuring financial viability, community responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Trent Hills and surrounding communities, including experience in working with local stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent presentation skills including public speaking and technical skills related to presentations (MS Powerpoint, use of LCD projectors, etc). Demonstrated skills in dealing with the media.
- Proven technical skills related to all MS Office products, design software, social media tools.
- Sound time management skills with the ability to effectively monitor projects through to completion.
- Established interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to a broad cross-section of the population.
- Solid marketing skills, including development and implementation related to the non-profit sector. Including, demonstrated success in making direct appeals and organizing fundraising events.
The General Manager will work together with the Board of Directors to support the purpose of bringing people together to enjoy movies, music and other events.
The General Manager will be responsible for building relationships in the community with the goal of community collaboration and to seek revenue generating opportunities.
The General Manager will work closely with Co-op members and community members encouraging active participation in organizing and successfully running artistic and cultural events.
Specifically, the key responsibilities of the General Manager will be:
- Maintain a focus on the Co-op’s Vision, Mission, Purpose and Values.
- Building the Aron Theatre Co-op Brand and Revenue Streams.
- Financial Management and Reporting.
- Human Resources Management.
- Property Management.
- Health and Safety (Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all applicable regulations, follow direction of Public Health).
Other duties as agreed upon with the Board of Directors.
Hours of work:
The position of Aron Theatre Manager is part-time (16 hours per week on average), unless otherwise determined in the contract. Hours of work will be somewhat flexible with the goal of allowing for adequate work-life balance. Compensation will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
To Apply for the Job please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by noon on Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
Download the full job posting in PDF format
Download the full job description in PDF format