In their own words
We asked our dedicated board members and staff four questions to introduce them to you:
- Why are you involved with the Aron Theatre Co-op?
- What you love about the Aron Theatre Co-op?
- What is your background and experience, including professional, volunteer, and with the Aron Theatre Co-op?
- What are three of your favourite movies?
Theresa Aldcroft, Operations Manager
- I am involved with the Aron Theatre Co-op because I believe in the mission statement.
- I love that the Aron brings people together from all areas of Trent Hills. The theatre is a gathering place for the community and whether someone is coming to the theatre as a customer, volunteering regularly, or occasionally, they are always a great asset to the theatre.
- I had the good fortune to work at the theatre 2013 to 2015 and was introduced to a wonderful group of volunteers who showed me, through commitment and hard work, what can be achieved for a community. I've had the opportunity to work alongside committed Board members, Committee members and students (who are new to the working world) and full of excitement and promise for the future. The enjoyment evident in patrons of the theatre, whether for Hollywood movies, live concerts or special events, adds to the wonderful experience of knowing you are part of making it happen. My past experience was not theatre related, although I did work in a variety of supervisory roles, and with the public. I left a large company in Toronto in 2000 and moved to a hamlet east of Lindsay where I owned and operated a small convenience store. I lived and worked in the community for 12 years. The close, intimate nature of operating a small business in a close-knit community was very challenging and also rewarding, working at the Aron Theatre echoes this for me. I look forward to seeing the public back in the theatre, enjoying various planned events and weekly Hollywood movies.
- My favorite movies are varied. I love the classic movie The Princess Bride and watch it at every opportunity. I greatly enjoyed the smart dialogue and fast-paced Deadpool starring Ryan Reynolds, and also most recently added Parasite to my favorites list and appreciated the humour and horror in equal amounts.
Russ Christianson, General Manager
- Like many others in our community, I originally got involved with the Aron Theatre Co-op to keep the doors open and revitalize this little gem of a theatre.
- I love the fact that we are a small rural community that has rallied to keep our own movie theatre operating, pre and post pandemic!
- I am a business start-up consultant and a co-op developer. I was the founding president of the Aron Theatre Co-op and I have volunteered hundreds of hours to revitalize the theatre and keep it going.
- To Kill a Mockingbird (1962), Open Doors (1990), The Thin Red Line (1998).
Mary McLeod, Bookkeeper
- I was looking for a way to combine my finance experience with anything related to the entertainment industry. I wanted to contribute to my community and thought the Aron Theatre Co-op would be an ideal vehicle for that. I try to support local endeavours wherever I can. Plus, I'm retired and wanted something to do outside of my other hobbies.
- I love that it is owned by community members, that it is homegrown, and it caters to the town and surrounding area in which it is located. It has a quaint and old-fashioned feel to it but runs the same movies that the big guys do. I'd rather support the little guy!
- I worked for many years as a senior finance manager with Bell Canada, CTV, and CHUM. Before I became the bookkeeper for the Aron Theatre Co-op, I volunteered on the finance committee.
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Silence of the Lambs, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Mrs. Doubtfire, any of the Star Wars and Harry Potter movies. I have been an avid viewer and collector of movies for years with a collection of over 1,000 movies and series. My children quote from the movies we have watched together as a family to this day. Working and contributing to the Aron Theatre Co-op is a natural progression for me.